What we are offering
In 2013/14, the University of Birmingham is offering 18 International Postgraduate Scholarships worth £10,000 towards the cost of a one year Masters (Taught or Research) programme. These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living expenses.
Who we are looking for
Applicants must have an excellent academic background; due to the level of competition for these scholarships, only applicants with a first class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) will be considered.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters programme at the University of Birmingham;
- be overseas for fee purposes;
- be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
To find out more about how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Applications will close on Friday 31 May 2013 for entry in the 13/14 academic year.
For more information, please visit : official website