University Prize Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
University Prize Scholarships pay:
- full tuition fees (UK, EU or Overseas)
- an annual, tax-free maintenance stipend of £16,000
- a Research Training Support Grant of £2,000 per year for study visits, conferences, books, consumables and equipment.
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in the 2013-14 academic year (i.e. after 1st August 2013, exact start date to be agreed with your supervisor/ department).
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
- Discuss your research plans with the relevant academic department.
- Apply for admission to the University. We advise you to apply for admission as early as possible, and at least a week before the scholarship application deadline in order to receive your application number in plenty of time – you will need this to apply for a scholarship.
- Once you have received an application number, complete the online scholarship application form.
Closing date for 2013-14 entry is 1st February 2013. Please note that some departments may have independent deadlines for particular research projects, which may be earlier than the scholarship deadline.
You can expect to hear if your scholarship application has been successful by the end of April 2013.
If you have any questions about University Prize Scholarships please see our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit : official website