FIELD OF STUDY
- Postgraduate (Master or Doctorate) in Shariah or Islamic finance studies at recognized institutions of higher learning;
- Undergraduate studies at recognized institutions of higher learning in the field of Shari’ah with a double degree or a minor in one of the following disciplines:
- Islamic banking;
- Conventional banking;
- Management; or
- other related fields appropriate to the development of the Islamic financial industry.
- CIFP, only for those with Shariah background.
- The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries.
- Applicants have to secured admission at a recognized institution of higher learning. Applicants are required to pursue either a Bachelor, CIFP , Master or Doctorate programme, as defined above, in a fulltime programme.
- For a postgraduate application, applicants are required to have a CGPA of at least 3.5 or its equivalent.
- For an undergraduate application, applicants are required to have a CGPA of at least 3.3 or its equivalent (for the first semester result).
- Current students enrolled in the programmes specified above may also apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants should not be in receipt of any other scholarship award.
An application for a scholarship must be submitted with the following documents, which must be in English:
- Application form. Please download at the aplication form;
- Photocopy of personal identification document (passport/identity card);
- Offer Letter from the institution of higher learning;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- An essay of not more than 100 words on ‘why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship and how he/she plans to contribute to the Islamic financial services industry’;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (only for a postgraduate scholarship application). Please use provided template.
- Thesis proposal (only for Master and PhD application by research or coursework & research); and
- Other relevant materials to support the application.
Application Timeline: Applications are invited and accepted throughout the year.
There is no employment bond attached to the scholarship.
All duly completed applications are to be forwarded to:
Shari’ah Scholarship Award
International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA),
Lorong Universiti A, 59100 KUALA LUMPUR.
Further information please email us at email@example.com