You can read about some of our current Harry Worthington Scholarship holders on our current scholarship holders page.
A Harry Worthington Scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees and provides an annual, tax-free maintenance stipend at the standard UK Research rate, which for 2012-13 was £13,590.
Awards are tenable for a maximum of three years full-time subject to satisfactory progress.
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK in an appropriate area of study.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study with the University in 2013-14 on a full-time or part-time programme of doctoral study (i.e. after 1st August 2013, exact start date to be agreed with your supervisor/ department).
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
- Discuss your research plans with the relevant academic department.
- Apply for admission to the University. We advise you to apply for admission as early as possible, and at least a week before the scholarship application deadline in order to receive your application number in plenty of time – you will need this to apply for a scholarship.
- Once you have received an application number, complete the online scholarship application form.
Closing date for 2013-14 entry is 12 noon UK time on 1st February 2013. Please note that some departments may have independent deadlines for particular research projects, which may be earlier than the scholarship deadline.
You can expect to hear if your scholarship application has been successful by the end of April 2013.
If you have any questions about the Harry Worthington Scholarships please email see our FAQs or email@example.com.
For more information, please visit : official website