The AKS bursary is for one year only and is not renewable. Candidates undertaking an MPhil/ PhD may reapply but please note that priority will be given to new applicants.
Preference will be given to applicants on the following full-time programmes of study:
- MA Korean Studies
- MA Korean Literature
- MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research (new admissions)
- MA History of Art (students taking three units, including dissertation, in Korea-related subjects)
- MPhil/ PhD Korean Studies Research (previous admissions)
- Any other postgraduate degree related to Korean Studies (please define your pathway)
- Full-time programmes only, part-time programmes are not eligible
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a full-time postgraduate Korean Studies programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members from the Centre of Korean Studies
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (GMT) on 24 May 2013.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission (http://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/pg/) well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results
All candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by mid-July. The successful candidate will also be notified in writing. If you have not had a response to your application by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application pack, which consists of an application form, guidance notes and reference form, is available for download @ official website or can be obtained from:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091/5094
If you have any questions about the bursary application, please contact the Scholarships Officer. For information about Korean Studies at SOAS, please contact Professor Jae Hoon Yeon (email@example.com) or Dr Anders Karlsson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Centre for Korean Studies. Please do not contact these academics with questions related to the scholarship.