Undergraduate International Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
All applicants classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes are eligible to apply.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
Applicants for all three or four year full-time undergraduate (Bachelors) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- School of Applied Sciences
- Business School
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care*
- The Media School
- School of Tourism.
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
- School of Applied Sciences – 5 scholarships
- Business School – 5 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care – 5 scholarships
- The Media School – 1 in every 3 applicants
- School of Tourism – 10 scholarships.
- School of Applied Sciences – £1,000 per year
- Business School – £1,000 per year
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – £1,000 per year
- School of Health & Social Care – £3,000 per year
- The Media School – £1,000 per year
- School of Tourism – £2,000 per year
The scholarship awards exclude work placement and repeat years.
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee.
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to 3 Grade As at UK ‘A’ Level as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
- You must achieve a 60% pass mark year on year to qualify to continue to receive this scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Applicants for courses delivered at BU’s Partner Colleges (other than BU campus based courses) are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants for one year Top-up courses are not eligible for this scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
You can download the BU Scholarship Application Form here:
You can apply at the same time that you submit your UCAS application or any time after. Late applications may be considered if all scholarships have not been awarded by the deadline.
Please note that all scholarship application forms must be returned to the address below and not to UCAS.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
You will be notified if your application is successful by 30 June 2013.
Although we may contact you with a decision in principle based on your scholarship application form, your award will not be formally approved until you hold an unconditional firm offer.
Completed scholarship applications forms should be returned to:
askBU Students Service
Forms can also be scanned and emailed to: askBUstudents@bournemouth.ac.uk