- applicants must have graduated at the latest by the end of July 2013 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the desired field of study
- this Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
- the applicant’s permanent place of residence up to the application must have been outside of Switzerland
- application form
- curriculum vitae (max. 5’000 characters without blanks)
- letter of motivation with objectives
- letters of recommendation from 2 professors of the current home university (with institutional letter paper and signature)
- evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2), for example TOEFL, Goethe-Zertifikat or other.
- original certified copies of the Bachelor’s Diploma and transcript of the grades obtained during the Bachelor’s studies or recent confirmation (not older than 3 months) by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2013 (with a list of grades obtained up to now)
- copy of record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification, Matura, Abitur)
- 2 passport photos
- copy of passport
- additional documents depending on Master’s programme
The complete application package must be submitted in duplicate by postal mail. It must arrive no later than 1st December 2012 at:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
- Applications that arrive after 1st December will not be considered!
- Incomplete application files and E-mail applications will not be considered!
- Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an entitlement to a grant.
- With only six grants to offer the University will have to refuse also qualified applications. The University will not be able to explain refusals.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as a regular student.