Kayoko Tsuda Bursary (Japanese Studies), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- PhD degrees at SOAS involving any aspect of Japanese Studies
- Applicants may be of any nationality and in need of the bursary to fund completion of their thesis.
- The bursary is for full-time or part-time PhD students who will submit the thesis before the end of the academic session 2013/14. It is expected that the student who gets awarded this bursary will be enrolled on Extension of Writing up (continuation) status during the academic session 2013/14. Students on Extension of Writing-up status are required to submit the thesis for examination within a maximum of three terms or within the students prescribed SOAS deadline (whichever is sooner).
- Those working on any aspect of Japanese studies are eligible.
- Candidates will be assessed based on a combination of financial need and academic merit.
- Selection will be made by the Steering Committee of the JRC.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Submit a high resolution personal photo and introductory paragraph about their research (about 200 words) in June 2013 which may be published on the JRC web page.
- Give a JRC seminar in the week following the Annual Tsuda Lecture (normally the 7th week of Term 2);
- Submit a final report in May 2014 (about 300 words) which will be published in the ‘JRC Annual Review’ and on the JRC web page.
- Complete scholarship applications must be received no later than Friday, 24 May 2013.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All candidates will be notified by email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by mid-July. The successful candidate will also be notified by letter. If you have not heard by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application form is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from:
The Scholarships Officer
Telephone: (+44) 020 7074 5094/509
For more information, please visit : official website