- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than June 1st
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA
For more information, please visit : official website