The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore’s economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
The Dr GKS Scholarship is open to students who are citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr GKS Scholarship.
The Dr GKS Scholarship is highly selective. Applicants should:
- Concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD. Applicants should adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements;
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT I;
- Preferably be below 25 years of age; and
- Select a course of study relevant to the finance sector. Most other courses (such as Engineering, Computing, Law), except specialised courses like Medicine, will also be considered.
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either:
- An approved company in Singapore; or
- An approved Singapore-based company in their home country
Applications for the Dr. Goh Keng Swee scholarships will be open from 30 November 2012 to 17 January 2013.
For enquiries, please email: email@example.com
For more information, please visit : official website