Architecture, Construction & Surveying Merit Scholarships, Robert Gordon University, UK
Please read through the following information carefully.
- Number of awards in academic year 2012/13: 3
- Value of awards in academic year 2012/13: one full scholarship between MSc Construction Project Management and Pg Dip / MSc Architectural Studies, and two scholarships of £5,000 across the postgraduate programme
- In the event of a lower number of students attaining the merit criteria, the Scholarship fund will be divided equally among qualifying students.
- Who can apply: You may be an international student or you may be a UK / EU student wishing to study on a full-cost course. There is a list of eligible courses in section 2 below.
- You need to complete an application form and return it to the School. Please see below for further details.
- Masters in Construction Project Management MSc
- PgDip/ MSc Architectural Studies
- We must receive your completed application no later than 29 June 2012.
- Please note that in order to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study on an eligible course at the School commencing September 2012; you must therefore ensure that your application for a place is submitted well in advance of 29 June 2012.
part of the application process you are required to write a short
statement in support of your application, which should address the
- Why you are applying for the scholarship
- How you will benefit from the opportunities that being given the award will provide
- How you would contribute to the University community during your studies here
- You may refer to activities, achievements and personal qualities which are particularly relevant to your application.
- You should also include:
- A scanned transcript of your highest academic qualification
- A scanned copy of your IELTS/TOEFL certificate or other English language qualification
- A scanned copy of your University offer letter (or email if you have not received your letter)
- A portfolio of relevant work if applying for PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies
must be complete. Applications which are incomplete, missing required
data or are illegible will be considered invalid. You may only apply for
an award once. Multiple applications will not be considered.
- Scott Sutherland Merit Scholarship Application Form at official website.
The School’s award panel will meet in July 2012 to consider all eligible scholarship applications received by the due date.
The School will assess all applications against the following criteria:
- Previous academic record and your suitability for postgraduate study in School, ie:
- Class of degree / CGPA / final score of first degree
- Relevance of your first degree to the course you are applying for
- The standing of the previous academic institution attended
- Any prizes or awards given to you in your first degree
- Portfolio (PgDip / MSc Architectural Studies only)
- Relevant industrial or professional experience
- Evidence of workplace experience that is relevant to the course you are applying for
- Personal achievements – evidence of personal achievements in your life to date which indicate your ability to contribute to the wider life of the University community during your studies and the professional community that you will be joining on graduation.
- In the event that 2 applications are scored identically and only one award is available, the panel will award the scholarship to the first application received, using the date of receipt in the University as the relevant date.
- Decisions will be announced by Friday 27 July 2012.
- Successful applicants will be informed in the first instance by email.
- Applicants will be required to respond by email to accept the offer. A formal scholarship offer letter will then be issued and despatched by post. Failure to accept the offer will lead to the scholarship offer being withdrawn and offered to an alternative applicant.
All decisions on scholarship applications will be made by the School’s Scholarship Panel. All decisions are final and we cannot enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants. There are no grounds for appeal against an unsuccessful application with the following exception:
- Where there is evidence of alleged improper conduct or irregular procedure during the scholarship awards process.
Terms and Conditions
All scholarships are awarded in the form of a discount on fees paid.
A scholarship will be withdrawn if:
- You fail to accept the offer within the time permitted.
- Your scholarship or University application is found to contain incomplete or inaccurate information.
- You are found to have committed academic misconduct once enrolled at the University.
- You are found to have committed non-academic misconduct once enrolled at the University.
- You fail to pass module assignments or end of module exams at the first attempt once enrolled on your course.
- You defer your offer of a place, suspend your studies, withdraw from the University or are suspended or withdrawn from the University.
- You fail to make payment for fees due to the University within 23 days of the due date.
- In the event that a scholarship is withdrawn, you will need to pay the full fees due for your course.