This Scholarship, worth £5,000 for one year, is intended to provide financial assistance to an academically meritorious graduate student who has been accepted into both an accredited one year’s Masters programme at the University of Oxford and St. Cross College and are unable to secure funding elsewhere.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be of outstanding academic ability;
- have submitted a successful application for a one year Master’s course to the University of Oxford;
- have made a successful application to St Cross College (as the first choice college) and a provisional place been offered and accepted;
- demonstrate that they have applied, unsuccessfully, for funding elsewhere (e.g. Clarendon Fund, Beit etc);
- show proof of their ability to meet remaining expenses (i.e. minus £5000) by the application deadline;
- take up their place in October 2012.
This scholarship is not open to
- students who have already been accepted to St Cross College and the University of Oxford on the basis that they will meet their fees fully from personal resources.
- students who have already been accepted by another Oxford college.
How to apply
Please write to the Admissions & Academic Secretary at the address below, stating your wish to apply along with proof that funding has been denied from other sources. Please note that an application form is not used for this scholarship.
The Admissions & Academic Secretary
St Cross College,
Tel: +44 (0)1865 278458
Fax: +44 (0)1865 278484
The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd June 2012.
For more information, please visit official website.