Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
All applicants paying fees at the ‘international’ rate are eligible to apply.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
Applicants for all three or four year full-time undergraduate (Bachelors) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- Business School
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care
- The Media School
- School of Tourism.
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
- Business School – 5 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care – 5 scholarships
- The Media School – 1 in every 3 applicants
- School of Tourism – 10 scholarships.
How much is the scholarship worth?
£1000 payable for each academic year of the course (excluding the work placement or repeat year).
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee or by cheque.
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to 3 Grade As at UK ‘A’ Level as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Applicants for courses delivered at BU’s Partner Colleges (other than BU campus based courses) are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicants for one year Top-up courses are not eligible for this scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2012 for courses in the Business School, School of Design, Engineering & Computing, School of Health & Social Care and School of Tourism.
The initial deadline for applications for Media School courses is 15 March 2012. If the required number of scholarships have not been awarded by this deadline a further deadline of 30 June 2012 will apply.
You can apply at the same time that you submit your UCAS application or any time after. Late applications may be considered if all scholarships have not been awarded by the deadline.
Please note that all scholarship application forms must be returned to the address below and not to UCAS.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
Although we may contact you with a decision in principle based on your scholarship application form, your award will not be formally approved until you hold an unconditional firm offer.
askBU Students Service
Poole HouseFern Barrow
For more information, please visit official website.