For further information about the Master’s programmes offered at our university, please contact the concerned Department directly. All Master’s programmes of the University of Bern are offered except “Biomedical Sciences”.
- Applicants must have graduated at the latest by the end of July 2012 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the wished field of study
- This Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
- The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must have been outside of Switzerland
The applicant’s file must include the following in duplicate:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae (max. 5’000 characters without blanks)
- Letter of motivation with objectives
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter paper and signature)
- Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of instruction of the intended Master’s programme
- certified copies of the Bachelor’s Diploma and transcript of the grades obtained during the Bachelor’s studies
or recent confirmation (not older than 3 months) by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2012 (with a list of grades obtained up to now)
- Copy of record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
- 2 passport photos
- Copy of passport
- For the Master’s programme “Biomedical Engineering”: GRE General Test
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master’s programme.
The complete application package must be submitted in duplicate (1 original, 1 copy) by postal mail. It has to be arrived not later than December 1st, 2011 at the:
- Incomplete application files and E-mail applications will not be considered!
- Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an entitlement to a grant.
- With only six grants to offer the University will have to refuse also qualified applications. The University will not be able to explain refusals.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as a regular student.
For more information, please visit official website.