Master Grants for International Students, University of Bern, Switzerland
For further information about the Master’s programmes offered at our university, please contact the concerned Department directly. All Master’s programmes of the University of Bern are offered except “Biomedical Sciences”.
- Applicants must have graduated at the latest by the end of July 2012 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the wished field of study
- This Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
- The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must have been outside of Switzerland
The applicant’s file must include the following in duplicate:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae (max. 5’000 characters without blanks)
- Letter of motivation with objectives
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter paper and signature)
- Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of instruction of the intended Master’s programme
- certified copies of the Bachelor’s Diploma and transcript of the grades obtained during the Bachelor’s studies
or recent confirmation (not older than 3 months) by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2012 (with a list of grades obtained up to now)
- Copy of record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
- 2 passport photos
- Copy of passport
- For the Master’s programme “Biomedical Engineering”: GRE General Test
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master’s programme.
The complete application package must be submitted in duplicate (1 original, 1 copy) by postal mail. It has to be arrived not later than December 1st, 2011 at the:
- Incomplete application files and E-mail applications will not be considered!
- Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an entitlement to a grant.
- With only six grants to offer the University will have to refuse also qualified applications. The University will not be able to explain refusals.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as a regular student.
For more information, please visit official website.