Nanjing University is located in the heart of a historical city Nanjing. It is surrounded by a beautiful scenery, excellent environment and accessible transportation. The University is currently host to 23 schools and 65 departments offering 162 majors for master degrees and 93 PhD degrees. A master degree takes 3 years while a PhD degree takes 3 to 4 years. Nanjing University uses a credit system, acquiring the total number of credits for the degree and successfully passing the oral defense of the Graduation Paper for a student to graduate. Term Of Scholarship: Scholarship will be tenable for three years and four years from the date of award for masters` degree and PhD degree, respectively. One-year preparatory education in Chinese language prior to grantees` study of his major will be provided with full scholarship benefits if deemed necessary.
This program offers international students the chance to delve into learning about China`s economy, philosophy, history, culture, education, the development of contemporary Chinese society, and other fields, as well as a comparative perspective to other countries. The program will consist of three main focuses:
- Chinese Philosophy and History,
- Chinese Society and Economy,
- Chinese Language, Culture, and Literature.
- Academic Background: Applicant must have completed a four-year undergraduate degree for master degree pursuer and a master degree or equivalent for PhD degree pursuer.
- Chinese Language: Applicant must be willing to learn Chinese language, if applicable, and receive education in Chinese language.
- Health: Applicant must be mentally and physically healthy.
- Students currently studying in China are not applicable. Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2012-2013） are not applicable.
Allowance: Grantee will be provided a monthly stipend of RMB 1,700 and RMB 2,000 for masters` degree student and PhD degree student, respectively. School Fees: Fees for matriculation and tuition will be paid by the Chinese government. Health Insurance: A health insurance will be provided to the grantee by CSC for the entire duration of his/her scholarship. Accommodation: A free accommodation will be provided to a grantee in the International Dormitory of the University for the entire duration of the scholarship.
After fill in the application form on-line (agency number for Nanjing University is 10284), applicant must click the “submit” button and print out application from the application system. After the on-line application is complete, applicants must submit the following documents to the Scholarship Coordinator (address below) by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Printed Applicationform with recent photograph
- Certified true-copy of Academic transcript and Diploma of highest degree obtained (English Translation is need if transcript and diploma were in language other than Chinese and English)
- Two recommendation letter from adviser/professor of the last school attended
- Medical certificate
- Printed “Code for International Scholarship Students of Nanjing University” with applicant`s signature
Deadline: 15 December 2011
For Further Information, please Contact:
Mr JIANG Cheng
Institute for International Students
Rm. 518 Zengxianzilou, #18 Jinyin Street
Nanjing University, 210093, China
Tel: 0086 -25-83593616
The Official Website