The MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship and MUIS Merit Scholarship are available across most courses to cover a range of full and partial international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
Postgraduate courses not available under MUIS are:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Management
- Master of Applied Finance (MAF)
- Master of Advanced Surgery and
- Master of Surgery.
The MUIS Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Merit Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
Annual renewal of the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance in the Macquarie University degree program. The MUIS Merit Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have met the University`s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a FULL OFFER by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. There is a reduced application fee of only AU$55 if you submit your course application online. The application fee will be refunded if you are awarded an MUIS.
Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must complete an online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- MUIS Undergraduate
- MUIS Postgraduate
- MUIS Merit Scholarship
To apply for the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report.
To apply for the MUIS Undergraduate and Postgraduate and MUIS Merit, applicants must also provide a `Statement of Purpose` of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community. Once you have completed the online MUISapplication form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address.
IMPORTANT: Additional supporting documents are no longer required.
The `Statement of Purpose` must be submitted as a Word or PDF document and has a file size limit of 256KB. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please see the further info in the official website.