*The term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the scholarship for any of the reasons stated in paragraph 12 below, Termination of Scholarship
(1) The Scholarship recipient must work as a research assistant in a specific research project.
*However, the total paid working hour per week for students with “College Student” status, should not exceed 28 hours per week.
(2) The scholarship recipient must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the graduate school of engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted reports will be evaluated.
(1) International applicants are exempted from 300,000 yen of enrollment fee.
(2) Tuition of 535,800 yen (per year) will be exempted.
(3) 240,000 yen per year as a SSP Scholarship upon application.
(4) Up to 960,000 yen per year for working as a research assistant.
(5) 200,000 yen for travel and initial living costs. (given only to applicants who are living outside Japan at the time of application)
Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
(1) To have nationality other than Japanese.
(2) To have or have the intention to acquire the “College Student” status of Japanese residence, at the time of entrance, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan.
(3) To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment.
(4) To have excellent academic records in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
(5) To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
(6) To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant in one of research projects listed here
(7) To have high English proficiency.
(1) Choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List for April and October 2011 Enrollment.
(2) Complete and submit all required documents.
The submitted documents will carefully be examined as the first screening. Only successful applicants will then be examined by an interview and a written exam. The interview and the written exam will be held at a place that will separately be appointed.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2011
(1) If you are still working towards your master’s degree, a verified original master’s degree certificate in English from your university will be required before your enrollment can be completed. If you are not able to produce such a document, you will not be enrolled.
(2) If an SSP scholarship recipient is selected as a recipient of another institution’s scholarship, the SSP Scholarship and his/her monthly pay for working as a research assistant will be adjusted.
TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships will be terminated in the following cases
(1) If the scholarship recipient takes time off from school.
(2) If a report submitted in accordance with term 5 (2) is considered inadequate for a scholarship recipient.
(3) If the university considers the scholarship recipient’s behavior inappropriate for a scholarship recipient.
All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
For more information, please visit Official Website.