Who we are looking for
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a good 2:1 equivalent bachelors degree as a minimum.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
- be overseas for fee purposes
- have applied for a one year full time masters course and have been issued with a student id number
- must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
- Any application received without an id number will not be considered
- Have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK.
- For information on living cost for the UK please visit the International student Advisory Service website Visit Official Website.Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
- Apply for a postgraduate one year masters course of study at Birmingham
- If you receive an offer of a place (this can be a conditional or unconditional offer) on a postgraduate programme at the University of Birmingham you will automatically be sent scholarship information including a link to the online scholarship application form by email.
- If you are already an offer holder, you will receive this email no later than the end of February 2011.
- Applicants should complete the form and return it to the University of Birmingham following the instructions in the email, no later than the scholarship deadline which is May 27th 2011.
- Once the application has been submitted you will receive confirmation that your application has been received.
- If you have a conditional offer, you must ensure that all of your supporting documents are submitted as part of your academic application by May 27th (such as your graduation certificate, references or transcripts). This is necessary because we will consider these documents as part of the shortlisting process.If you are a final year student and will not receive a graduation certificate until after the May 27th deadline or will not have your final exam results, we will consider the most up to date undergraduate transcripts that you submitted as part of your postgraduate application.
- Applications are shortlisted and considered throughout June and early July.
- Successful scholarship applicants will be contacted in July.
All Scholarship applicants must:
- Have applied for a place to study on a one year master’s degree programme at the University of Birmingham and received an offer of a place.
- Be classified as overseas for fees purposes – ie will be expecting to pay the international tuition fees.
- Must not be in receipt of a full scholarship from any other body.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the additional costs of studying at Birmingham including any outstanding tuition fees that the scholarship may not cover and the required travel and living costs to spend one year at the University of Birmingham.
- Some scholarship schemes also require applicants to be a national of a particular country and/or living in a particular country or continent at the time of application.
Visit official website.