Scholarships will be offered on a rolling basis until all awards have been exhausted, however we will not be able to consider any applicant who applies after our deadline of 31 May 2011. Applicants are therefore advised to apply as early as possible in the admissions cycle. We strongly advise you to apply by the dates below in order to be considered for a scholarship:
The Lancaster MBA Regional Scholarship
All successful applicants will be automatically considered for a Regional Scholarship – you do not have to write a separate application for this. This award will be awarded to applicants from the following regions: the Subcontinent, Asia-Pacific, Africa & the Middle East, the Americas and Europe. In awarding this Scholarship we will be looking for evidence of the following from your application form and your interview:
- a clear and specific understanding of how the Lancaster MBA will contribute to you achieving your career aspirations
- a description of your personal equity – a unique attribute or experience that you have that sets you apart from other applicants from your region or country
The Lancaster MBA Open Scholarship
The Open Scholarship is awarded on your need for financial aid to help with the costs of the Lancaster MBA. To apply for this scholarship you have to prepare a two slide PowerPoint presentation as part of your application and upload this to the application site. This will then be discussed at your interview. The presentation will cover two points:
- your reason for needing financial support
- a clear description of how the Lancaster MBA will build on your strengths and add to your skills and knowledge base in order to help you achieve your ambitions
The Lancaster MBA High Potential Scholarship
The High Potential Scholarship is awarded to those candidates who can demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities from your career and personal life to date. To apply for this scholarship you have to prepare a three slide PowerPoint presentation as part of your application and upload this to the application site. This will then be discussed at your interview. The presentation will cover three points:
- evidence which demonstrates your exceptional leadership qualities and what this means for your contribution to the Lancaster MBA
- a clear description of your strengths and weaknesses based on the evidence presented above
- a description of how the Lancaster MBA will help you to grow as a leader
Applicants are allowed to apply for both the Open Scholarship and High Potential Scholarship, although we will only award one of these Scholarships per applicant. At the discretion of the Lancaster MBA recruitment team, we may award a Regional Scholarship in addition to either the Open or High Potential Scholarship to an individual applicant.
Scholarship offers will be made at the time of offer of a place and are valid for a period of 3 weeks. Retrospective scholarship offers are not possible.
Latest Application Date
The Subcontinent: 31 March 2011
Asia Pacific: 15 April 2011
Africa & the Middle East: 30 April 2011
The Americas: 15 May 2011
Europe: 31 May 2011
Details of other funding opportunities are available on the main University Visit Official Website.