International Summer School in Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development, Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg, Germany
- Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development ,Engineering, Financing, Policy
Solar technologies are extremely promising with ever-increasing output efficiency and the capability to be used in almost any location. Decreasing availability of fossil fuels quickens the need for solar technology, which is driving current developments. Solar systems are also relatively affordable and applicable to both homes and villages. Many projects capitalizing on solar power have already been implemented in developing countries, and serve as encouraging results for many more to come.
Considering the importance of solar technologies the Centre for Renewable Energy at the University of Freiburg in collaboration with the DAAD is organizing a week long course on solar technologies for rural electrification and enhancement of living standards in the developing countries. Solar Shift is intended for professionals from developing countries who have previously studied or worked in Germany. Applicants should be working in the renewable energy sector; which may include Engineering, Financing, Policy, etc. The programme will consist of lectures, workshops, group work and discussions, excursions, and social and networking activities.
The following costs will be covered by DAAD:
- Subsidized* international flight to and from Germany.
- Transport from airport to Freiburg im Breisgau.
- Transport from Freiburg im Breisgau to INTERSOLAR EUROPE 2011 in Munich.
- Transport from the hotel in Munich to airport.
- Entrance fees and transport to all the places designated for lectures and excursions.
- Accommodation and 2 meals per day (Breakfast and Lunch).
- Travel health insurance and visa costs.
All other costs will be borne by the participants.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1st of April 2011
- Official Announcement
- Solar Shift application form (MS Word version)
- Solar Shift application form (PDF version)