Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry.
Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
Have at least one or more of the following:
- demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or
- a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide at least one professional recommendation
- Fully complete the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The deadline for completed applications is August 1, 2011
Winners will be notified in October of 2011
Questions? Call 212.868.1368 or email email@example.com
Visit Official Website.