King Saud Foundation Prize, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Any full-time MPhil/PhD in the broad field of sustainable development with reference to Saudi Arabia.
- Only new research students may apply: those already enrolled on a research degree programme at SOAS are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have applied for a place to study at the School by the scholarship closing date in order to be considered for the King Saud Foundation Prize.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong academic record (preferably possess or expect to be awarded a Distinction in their Masters Degree) from a UK university. Applicants with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript. Applicants with a Merit may also apply, but may not be given preference.
- This scholarship is open to applicants paying fees at the UK/EU rate only.
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
The closing date is Friday, 29 April 2011. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete application by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will be deemed invalid. Late applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
All applicants will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application by the end of June. The successful candidates will also be notified by letter. If you have not heard from us by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
An application form is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
Fax: +44 (0)20 7074 5089