- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a Master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
When to Apply
Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than June 1st
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
Click here to apply for the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship.
For questions contact Maria Costa: firstname.lastname@example.org