- Study Subject: Computer Science and Electronics Engineering
- Employer: Samsung Electronics
- Level: Masters
The GSP-SNU Program is meant for students willing to receive the Master of Sciences Degree in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. The education is conducted for 2 years at The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the Seoul National University.
The Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering has six departments:
- Information, Telecommunication, and Radio Science
- Control, Instrumentation, and Automation
- Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits
- Computer and Very Large Scale Integration Systems
- Electrophysics and Lasers
- Electric Energy Systems
- Samsung Pays for Admission and Tuition
- Samsung Grants Money Allowance (USD 1,000 per month)
- Samsung Provides Dormitory for Living
- Samsung Annually Pays for Airfare (Moscow-Seoul, Seoul-Moscow [once a year])
- Samsung Internship is Available after Passing 75% of the Studies
- Samsung Offers a Position in South Korea after Graduation for 2 Years
- Samsung Offers a Position in Moscow after Work in Korea
- Computer Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Electronics Engineering
- Radio Engineering
- Radio Physics
- Communications Engineering
- Semiconductor Physics
- Optics Engineering
- Laser Physics
- System-on-Chip Design
- Circuit Design
- Systems Engineering
- System Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Material Science
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Degree
- Major in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics
- Grade Point Average (GPA) more than 4.8
- Excellent Knowledge of English
- Possibility to present 2 references
Scholarship Application Deadline: February, 2011
In order to apply for the Samsung-Sponsored Scholarship Master of Science (MS) Program in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (GSP-SNU) 2011, applicants must send us their complete CV / resume (GSPCurriculumVitae.doc) in English by email MSc@samsung.ru (with the subject line: “MS-Program-2011″).
After successfully passing the preliminary CV / resume screen, the applicants will be invited to the Samsung Electronics Moscow and St. Petersburg Offices in February ~ March 2011. During the Career Forum, the applicants will learn more about Samsung Electronics, GSP-SNU (MSU Program), Korean Lifestyle, and Real Experiences from Graduates of Samsung-Sponsored Educational Programs. After that, the applicants will be invited to personal HR interviews with Samsung Electronics experts.
The complete application process and full list of application documents are described below.
1) CV / Resume in English
Applicants must submit their complete CVs / resumes in English with the description of their personal data (such as the name, date of birth, place of residence, marital status, contact points), educational background (such as the name of the university, faculty, department, period of studies, GPA), professional experience, and list of awards (if applicable). The CV / resume file should come named as as the applicant’s Name_Surname.doc.
2) Academic Degree (in year 2011 [higher priority] or 2010)
Applicants must have a bachelor degree (such as BS) or a higher degree (such as Specialist, MS, or PHD) from a recognized institution. Applicants must send us the scanned copies of their diploma(s) together with the lists of marks. These documents can be submitted either in Russian or in English (otherwise, translated copies are needed). The files should come named as follows:
3) Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from current or recent supervisors who can attest to the applicant’s scientific abilities and academic potential. The letters should come as two scanned files named as Name_Surname_Recommendation_01.jpg and Name_Surname_Recommendation_02.jpg.
4) Electronic Photo of You
Applicants must also send us their electronic photo. The file should be namded as Name_Surname_Photo.jpg.
Please, send the application to e-mail MSc@samsung.ru with “MSc-Program-2011″ note in the subject field of your e-mail.
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR FALL 2011
Application deadline is February, 2011.
For more information, please, call us at the phone number: +7 (495) 797 24 00