- business and management
- computer science
- cultural policy and management
- engineering and mathematics
- food policy
- information science
- international politics
- language and communication science
- law, justice and journalism
- nursing and midwifery
- optometry and visual science
Additional School-based opportunities are also currently available. Details can be found here.
Each University Doctoral Studentship provides:
- An annual bursary (£15,000 for 2011/12, expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years)
- A full tuition fee waiver
- A one-off allowance of £1,000. This may be used across the three-year period to cover the cost of attending conferences, purchasing equipment or other activity in support of the research.
University Doctoral Studentships are available to:
- Both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students
- New applicants who will be studying full-time
Details on the research interests of Schools are here.
Please note that while applications for research degrees at City can usually be made at any time of year, University Doctoral Studentships are awarded only once a year.
How to apply
Complete and submit the ‘Application for Research Degree Course’ form. Candidates wishing to be considered for a University Doctoral Studentship should play close attention to Sections 3 and 6 of the form.
The next closing date is Monday 31 January 2011 (for studentships available from 1 October 2011). Candidates will be notified of the outcome by Friday 1 April 2011.
Application Deadline : 31 January 2011